Monday, September 26, 2011

26

CHAPTER 26


-




“What are you doing here?” asked Elena staring at her father’s face which didn’t seem very fatherly to her.

“I’ve made a mistake, my child” he answered. “I was drawn towards the shimmer of power. The power I couldn’t have, being an Aquadom”

“You are a traitor daddy! In fact after all these years, it is today that I miss my mother the most. You justified yourself as my step father!”

“I’m sorry. I really am. I knew you would come here in the end”

A door somewhere above opened up, letting in the sound of bagpipes and drums into the dark hall way. A man came down and called out, “Is everything okay?”

“Everything’s fine. I’ll be up there in a moment” replied Elena’s father. After the man left, Elena’s father reassured her, “We can surely undo this”

“I’d rather die than do what you say”!

“Please my child. I’ll face my penance. Let me undo this mistake” he whined.

“What’s the catch?!”

“You’ll have to marry King Gerard tonight”

****

The Aquadom army looked like an antique collection. The Ferodiums hadn’t returned back to retaliate. After a quick wardrobe change in the chamber, a plan was formulated. The Aquadoms split out in groups, the oldies joined Newark’s father outside the gate, some decided they’ll hide in the chamber, and some were supposed to wait outside the castle. Elevarus appointed four men to accompany him into the castle. Newark convinced him to be the fifth one.

After sneaking their way through the corners, the Aquadoms finally spotted the castle which stood in one deserted corner. The sound of music was louder than ever. Elevarus signaled the others to move in. Newark however had already ran inside.

Newark pushed the heavy door and saw the entire view from under his hood. The king was sitting high above, on his throne, with the Aquadom king chained beside him like a dog. People were hogging on food and drinks kept on long tables. The group of men, who had spotted the Aquadoms making an escape, were slapped and pushed whenever they went over to complain to a Ferodium soldier.

After observing the view for a minute, Newark saw wine kept on one corner. He hurriedly made his way towards it. What caught his attention was a bucket full of green wine. “A bucket full of green wine, just for me” he smiled. There was a sudden cheer in the crowd and drum rolls began ringing. Elena walked towards the king’s throne accompanied by her father. Newark’s attention was focused on the bucket of wine as he attempted to pick it up like a teddy bear.

King Gerard took out a ring, kissed it and reached out towards Elena’s hand. Elena furiously slapped the ring out of his fingers; it flew and plopped into the bucket of wine Newark was holding. Newark pulled his hood in anger, “Who the fuck dropped this ring in my drink?!” he screamed.

The music stopped playing and everyone stared at Newark in shock. Elena smiled at him, but he couldn’t smile back as a horrible realization hit him hard. And like always he had his two words to utter, “….Uh oh….”

= = = =

" Who the fuck dropped this ring in my drink ? ", Can I have my Oscar for the best dialogue? Please? Heh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And the Oscar for the best dialogue goes to Punky. Enjoyed reading it. :P. (rastafa11)